Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Altering



Life changing is the only thing I can come up with to describe my journey right now. Dad's services were held this past Saturday and I stepped into the process of getting ready with much trepidation and anxiety. It really is true that you hit all sorts of emotions when someone you love and admire passes on. Hanging on to our faith, the family pushed on and the result was a beautiful service full of laughter, tears, fond memories and promises. We were surrounded by wonderful friends and family and that helped so very much. I am so very grateful for the life my dad led and the faith that he instilled. I am truly blessed.





That isn't the only change going on in my life....letting go seems to be the theme as of late. Whew!! This is tough! The Monday after the services it was time to take my youngest son to ASU. Now I know that it isn't that far away, but hey....it is far enough!




They had it running very well on campus...even providing valet style move-in. We pulled up onto the sidewalk, the car was unloaded by a moving crew and Colton's things were in his room by the time we parked and walked up. SO much better than the other times we had to haul everything up to the rooms on our own in the blazing hot summer sun. This was nice!



The dorm he is in is much newer than the other boys had and set up very well. The views were great and I am sure he is going to love it! We had a fun day walking around campus, hitting the bookstore and the dining hall. His brother came along to help and that was huge! His oldest brother showed up that evening too....he has such great brothers!!




Then it came time to leave. I truly wasn't sure I could walk out of that dorm room. It was a big step for all of us. The excitement was high but the knowledge that nothing would ever be the same was there too. We are so very proud of Colton and all he has accomplished and been through over these last few years. To say we are blessed is such an understatement. We are so excited for him!!





OK...last but not least in a totally different direction...another class!
I have another Altered Mini Book Class coming up at Paper Vineyard. I like the way this album turned out and the fun accents that were added. It will be offered Sept 4th! So come in and check it out! Hey...I gotta stay busy somehow, right!


Thanks for letting me share with you!



1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

wow Tina--life altering is a great description for what is happening to you right now. I'm sorry to hear about your dad.
Change is hard when kids grow up--sounds like you have a solid-LOVING relationship with your sons. That is special and they appreciate it!
Love your mini album--it's GORGEOUS!!