Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Growing Dim

While cruising through some blogs this morning, one struck me! I absolutely loved the words she had shared. They touched my heart. She spoke about worship and why we do it. Why it is good to turn our hearts to Jesus and concentrate on His love. At the start of her blog she said that the reason we worship is "so that the things of this earth would grow strangely dim". Wow...I had never really thought of it that way before. But it is so true. As we put our focus on Him and His truth our world grows dim. Our struggles and minor complaints seem less important in the light of His love.

So today I'm looking for a dimmer view of this earth and a bright and shining view of His promises! It's gonna be a great day!


....turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace

No comments: