Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesdays Unwrapped

After reading "Chatting at the Sky" I decided to join in. On Tuesdays Emily hosts a "Tuesdays Unwrapped" post for everyone to share. It is an attempt to get us all to slow down and take a look at our lives and to be grateful for those little moments in between the chaos. Those moments that speak to our hearts. At first I wasn't going to join in at the risk of being out there and exposed. But then I stopped to take a look at my last week. What a week it has been. So many changes in my life right now. So truly blessed. Last weekend my husband and I got the chance to meet our son's future in-laws. Wow...it really started sinking in that my oldest son was getting married. Next came moving my middle son home from ASU. So good to have him with us for the summer. Wednesday brought graduation at ASU. Seeing the president of the United States and realizing that my son has graduated from college, already. Where did those 4 yrs go? The next few days were a rush getting my middle son ready to head out on a mission trip to Macedonia. Scary, exciting and a true picture of where his heart is. And as some of you may know we have been dealing for the past 9 months with my youngest son's medical issues. So grateful to God that he is responding to the medications and is considered by his doctors a "success story"! There has been a lot to take in this week. My heart is just overflowing with love for my family.
I have included the photo above of a layout I did for Devine Memories when I was on the design team. It is one of my very favorite photos of the boys! Makes me smile everytime I look at it.
And today it makes me realize how quickly time flies by. How lucky I am to have been home with my boys, to take in all those little moments and cherish them. And so today, even though all the events of this week point to the fact that they are all growing up and starting to move on, I can rest in the fact that I have no regrets. That God has allowed me the opportunity to truly enjoy my family. So even though life gets chaotic, we can choose to stop and take it all in. To cherish this life we have together and praise God for the people he has placed in our lives. What a blessing!

No comments: