Friday, March 11, 2011

Capes & Tiaras

Celebrating a good friend's birthday!  We had a fun day planned today. Turned out to be an awesome day! Great lunch outside on the patio at Four Peaks Brewery and then biking on Tempe Town Lake...yup! Biking on the Lake! How cool is that! The bikes have large pontoon style floats on them and you just peddle normally, it turns the propeller....and off you go! What a blast! The weather was perfect. We biked for an hour and rounded out the day with a trip to Mojo yogurt. YUM! 


The top photo here is a mixed media canvas that I made for my friend. We have a running joke about superheroes, capes & ruling the world! I cannot claim the idea, it is totally taken from Curly Girl Designs. However..I have no intention of selling or marketing it so I thought it was OK to try it out for a friends gift. I love how it turned out. And more importantly she loved it too!
The bottom photo is a "50 things I love" display that I made for her also. Fun to make! And each one is always different. One of these days I need to make myself one. I have made quite a few of them for friends.
Just wanted to share these with you! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hug your family & tell them that you love them!!!

No comments: