Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Unique Flower Garden

 I have been busy today making flowers for a friend of mine. She is taking a group of women on a retreat with their church Pan De Vida in Chandler. There are quite a few young women attending and this will be one of the little gifts they receive. I am so glad she likes what I came up with!


 The lesson is on Isaiah 45:3b The Lord, the God of Israel , who calls you by your name.  She wanted to make sure there were crowns included, the scripture and of course the girl's names. What a sweet gift for them to remember how precious they are to their God.

As you can see the flowers are pretty simple to make...some burlap, muslin, tulle, ribbon and a small piece of canvas to stamp their names onto. The center is a small wooden disc that I glued a computer print out of the crown & verse to. I inked it and then added some Diamond glaze.  You might be able to tell that the one above was just laying on top of the disc. I had tried using UTEE and it peeled right off. I wasn't happy with the way it worked, so I switched it up. 
I am happy with the result & I hope the girls will be too. They can clip the flower onto anything...a blouse, a jacket, their purse or notebook...whatever they choose.

 These last two flowers are examples of what I made recently for a boutique we had at our Bible study. It was lots of fun and went really well. The top flower is a small bracelet and the one below is a pin.
 Simple ideas but fun to make & even more fun to wear!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

tina! wow those flowers are AMAZING, I know those girls will like them! :)