Friday, January 30, 2009

Trust


In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3 NLT



Many of you in the blogging world have chosen a word for the year. To signify and sum up what you hope for in the new year. I have been tossing around the idea of a word and putting it off. Mainly because it is too hard. I kept thinking I would change my word....pick something more fun and light. But I kept coming back to the same word. Or was I taken back to the same word? The word is TRUST. Something that is so hard to do sometimes. As I said, I avoided this word because sure, I trust the Lord. Of course I do, don't we all? But do I truly "trust" Him? Do I truly give it ALL to Him? The answer would have to be no, I don't. I play catch with Him a lot, tossing the ball to Him and then taking it back for awhile. Never really trusting Him to do what I want Him to do. But it is not all about ME. So...today I am choosing the word TRUST for my word this year. Giving up my control. Laying it all at His feet. And leaving it there. Praying hard for courage, wisdom and grace! Lifting up all my fears to Him and TRUSTING....

No comments: