Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yum, Yum

Our tree was just jam-packed with lemons this year. So I decided to make some Lemon Bread the other day. Oh boy did it turn out yummy! Here's the recipe:


Lemon Bread:




1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
Cream together.

Add:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
Grated peel of whole lemon



Bake in loaf pan, greased and floured. 350* for 1 hour (be sure to watch it as mine only took about 40-45 min) Remove from oven and prick top with fork. Pour over the following mixture:
1/2 cup sugar
Juice of one lemon

Optional: Sprinkle with powdered sugar.




Now the best part- Share with those you love & ENJOY!

3 comments:

Kristen Hermanny said...

This is not on my diet, but looks so delightful! My DH loves lemon anything (and so do I). This will pair nicely with my vege soup tonight. Thank you!!!
I don't have fresh lemons, but I have a bunch of store bought.
We just got rid of our snow, no lemon trees here in Chicago.
Thanks much. I love your birdhouses too!!! Nice blog!

Tina said...

Hope you enjoy the bread! :)
So glad you stopped by my blog! Thanks

sherry said...

oh my yummy . I am going to have to make this